Sunday, April 6, 2008

AND I MEAN "SHIT-HOLE" IN THE NICEST WAY POSSIBLE


http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.photo.gif

Apologies to Maureen, in Buttevant, Co. Cork, Ireland.
This is me leaving Maureen's, and as you can see, it's not a "shit-hole" (a flippant, rude americanism I regret now, especially now, as I reveal the name of the establishment I enjoyed myself at, in a country where such kindness was showed me).
As Siobhan pointed out in her reply to my last post, it's quite old
and charming, with a fireplace dating back to 1798. It's no frills, "like
going to your grandmothers", as Siobhan puts it, but it is extremely
charming. And the food was pretty darned good.
(Just look at my satisfied puss as I exit the place....)

Sorry, Maureen! Next time I come, I'm ordering dessert!

1 comment:

Paulius said...

Shit Hole? I think someone should clean the salt-water from ye spectacles. The photo tells me a different story laddie,,,,